[asterisk-users] Useful GUI? [Was: Why does everyone seem to dislike *now?]

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Sep 18 02:53:00 CDT 2007

Hi

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 02:35:14PM +1200, Matt Riddell wrote:

> I actually put my extensions.conf stuff into a generate.php file which
> writes out the extensions.conf file with parameters supplied by the
> customer stored in separate files.
>
> So our software is doing the same thing (overwriting configs) but I
> don't want the users changing settings too much.
>
> I guess this is probably pretty similar to the TrixBox idea but I
> haven't had a look at how that works under the hood.

As Diego wrote: it's FreePBX (or is it freePBX?)

Anyway, if you have an automatic script generating your configuration
from some data, then there are 3 ways to affect your configuration:

1. change the data
2. change the generated configuration directly
3. change the script

I was really surprized to see how few people chose option (3).
This is evident by the fact that those scripts in FreePBX do not have
their own custom options.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org