[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 and Cepstral

Russell Handorf rhandorf at handorf.org
Mon Sep 17 19:56:00 CDT 2007

Greetings,

I've recently upgraded from Asterisk 1.2 to 1.4. I've been searching for
a solution, but am also trying the easy way at the same time. I've now
got David of Cepstral now speaking using app_swift from
http://www.mezzo.net/asterisk/app_swift.html .

The problem is, he sounds way worse than he did when it was asterisk
version 1.2. I'm seriously considering either rolling back, or having to
run a 1.2 instance connected to 1.4 via iax.

What info would you all be looking for to help me trouble shoot, or are
there any pointers as to what I should be looking for in a config file.

Thanks.

extensions.conf:

exten => 403,1,Answer()
exten => 403,2,Swift(Test)
exten => 403,3,Swift(David^Test Test)
exten => 403,4,Swift(This sounds bloody aweful)

swift.conf:

[general]
buffer_size=65535
goto_exten=no
voice=David-8kHz

VOIP*CLI> show application Swift
VOIP*CLI>
   -= Info about application 'Swift' =-

[Synopsis]
Speak text through Swift text-to-speech engine.

[Description]
   Swift([<Voice>^]text) Speaks the given text through the Swift TTS engine.
Returns -1 on hangup or 0 otherwise. User can exit by pressing any key.