[asterisk-users] Why does everyone seem to dislike *now?

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Mon Sep 17 16:11:51 CDT 2007

Not at all relevant to your query, but I still use the mysql CLI for any
mysql task... and while most OSs have nice, functional tools to add
users (command-line tools), there are SOME (*cough* Irix *cough*) where
there are no CLI tools and VI is your only option (especially if you're
remotely logged in via a term window and have no X).

GUIs have their place. But it's often a trade-off between abstracting
the details to make things user-friendly and hiding the power that is
available via the CLI from someone who knows it. If you're comfortable
with the CLI, why learn another tool? If you're NOT comfortable with the
CLI, by all means use a GUI, but don't expect people who never use it to
be of much help when you ask questions.

That being said, I like AsteriskNow's GUI. They've obviously spent a lot
of work on it (prettier than the stuff that comes with Trixbox).
However, for me, I learned using vi and the cli, so I can never quite
find what I'm looking for in AsteriskNow.

N.