[asterisk-users] g729 on 1.4.10.1

Scott Moseman scmoseman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 15:13:02 CDT 2007

I have a fresh 1.4.10.1 installation that appears to have a problem
with g729 pass-through.  I can see the gateway in question sending an
INVITE using g729b.  However, the Asterisk is only sending g711 in the
INVITE to my Polycom phone.

[gateway]
disallow=all
allow=g729

[phone]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=g729

There's the codec configs for the gateway and the phone in question.
I even attempted to setup the phone with only the allow=g729, but in
that instance it won't even complete the call.  We had to add g711
support to the gateway in question for now to get it up and running,
but we want to get it back to using only g729.

CLI> show modules like g729
Module                         Description
 Use Count
format_g729.so                 Raw G729 data
 0
codec_g729a.so                 Annex A/B (floating point) G.729 Codec
( 0
2 modules loaded

I downloaded the pre-compiled g729 module from Digium.  The sip.conf
references g729 and the codec module is loaded.  Unless there's
anything else I need to do that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Scott