[asterisk-users] Asterisk voice quality tuning

satish patel satish_patel_2000_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 07:55:13 CDT 2007

I have both type of call sip-2-pstn and pstn-2 -sip   but  quality is not  good so  how to check asterisk voice quality and codec quality i am useing G.711 alaw and ulaw and it is my LAN network so is there any specific perameter or option  to improve quality of voice ???

Adrian Marsh <Adrian.Marsh at ubiquisys.com> wrote: Satish,

Whats your network setup? Do you get bad quality on internal-asterisk calls, or only on external calls? Are you making pure IP calls (sip2sip), or are there E1/T1 cards involved? What codecs are you currently using? What devices are you using?

Adrian Marsh