[asterisk-users] CallWithUs Service?

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Thu Sep 13 22:11:10 CDT 2007

John,

 I have used callwithus for almost 9 months. I left Gizmo when they had a
doubling of their rates. I probably would have put up with the doubling
but the fact that you can set your callerid at callwithus (and not Gizmo)
was a big selling point. I have kept a minimum Verizon analog line for
local and 911 dialing and I wanted my announced callerid to be my verizon
number. With callwithus this is easy. I created a perl script to route the
calls wither local to verizon or all else to callwithus.

I also opted for the higher quality option. This is something like 1.5
rather than 1 cent/minute. This is not advertised but if you email them
they will bump it up for you. I was not happy, at times, with the call
quality at the 1 cent rate, although this may differ for you.

I connect via iax, but you can also use sip.

As far as I am concerned this is a no frills service that has worked for
me.

Doug

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, John Meksavan wrote:

> Asterisk Users,
>
>   I am thinking about selecting CALLWITHUS as my sip provider.  Has anybody
> ever used them?  How was the call quality?  DTMF Tones issues?
>
>   Thanks in advance.
>

> -John

> Gear up for Halo® 3 with free downloads and an exclusive offer.
> http://gethalo3gear.com?ocid=SeptemberWLHalo3_MSNHMTxt_1

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *