[asterisk-users] Voicemail in 1.4?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Sep 13 16:41:32 CDT 2007

On Thursday 13 September 2007, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> I got dragged away from Asterisk (somebody made me an offer I
> couldn't refuse for system administration), but I'm thinking about
> seeing if I can't get it deployed at my new employer.  Regardless,
> there are two things about older voicemail that used to annoy me:
>
> - Dial by name.  Has anyone made it so it can be first or last?

We're waiting on some unrelated translations to come through, but that
patch will wind up in trunk when the translations are ready.

> - Jump to voicemail; you used to have to actually dial the voicemail,
> whereas most voicemail systems allow you to go to your mailbox when
> you hear your voice prompt.  Any chance this has been rectified?

You can optionally specify an 'a' extension in the same context as
Voicemail, and when you press '*', it will go to that extension if it
exists.  Ditto for 'o' and '0'.

--
Tilghman