[asterisk-users] Voicemail in 1.4?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Thu Sep 13 16:10:12 CDT 2007

I got dragged away from Asterisk (somebody made me an offer I couldn't
refuse for system administration), but I'm thinking about seeing if I
can't get it deployed at my new employer.  Regardless, there are two
things about older voicemail that used to annoy me:

- Dial by name.  Has anyone made it so it can be first or last?
- Jump to voicemail; you used to have to actually dial the voicemail,
whereas most voicemail systems allow you to go to your mailbox when you
hear your voice prompt.  Any chance this has been rectified?

Thanks,

-Ken