[asterisk-users] Agent Callback Login in 1.4

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Sep 13 15:56:23 CDT 2007

Anthony Francis wrote:

> So the most helpful thing would be a solid example of how to exactly
> duplicate the agent callback login behavior in a real-time friendly
> manner. The part I am missing is how we are to do authentication.

Please define what you mean by Realtime friendly. Do you mean the agents
you had defined using AgentCallbackLogin() were in a Realtime-managed
database and not in agents.conf? If so, then the AEL example for
replacing AgentCallbackLogin would need to use the existing dialplan
applications/functions for querying the Realtime database to determine
if the agent number being supplied is a valid agent, and extract what
their password is.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies