[asterisk-users] TE405P intermittent yellow alarm

Richard Lyman pchammer at dynx.net
Thu Sep 13 11:45:29 CDT 2007

a yellow alarm should mean there is a signal/encoding issue.
we used to see this on older gear when a single segment in the Rx leg
would flip from SF to ESF.
which means the old gear wanted SF, but all the newer telco gear
'defaults' to ESF nowdays, so there would be momentary yellow alarms as
the gear in the middle flipped back to SF.

a red would be a loss of signal.

as asterisk views them...

yellow = remote alarm indication
red = loss of signal