[asterisk-users] Support of simple E1 CAS signaling (MFCR-like)

Lukas Rypl rypl at marconi.ttc.cz
Thu Sep 13 02:13:07 CDT 2007

I have a legacy device, which has multiple analog POTS lines and two E1
trunks with CAS signaling in 16th timeslot. It is in fact MFCR2
signaling without register signaling. Only the following link states are
signaled:

                 Tx        Rx
                ABCD      ABCD
Idle            1001      1001
Seized          0001
Seize Ack                 1101
Answered                  0101

ClearBack                 1101

ClearFwd        1001

Blocked         1101      1101

 I tried to connect it via Digium TE205p card to the Asterisk but I not
sure about the proper signaling. I started with MFCR2 and unicall
library, which has the same basic signaling, but it stops after the
first R2 signal is transmitted from Asterisk because it does not receive
any response (this is expected behavior). My first idea about simple
"disabling" register signaling in MFCR2 library was pretty naive,
because it is really complex piece of code.

 The question is: is there any signaling implemented in Asterisk, which
will work with this type of CAS signaling?

 Thanks for any help.

 Lukas