[asterisk-users] Flash IDE

Bill Seddon bill.seddon at lyquidity.com
Wed Sep 12 08:06:11 CDT 2007

Does it have to be a flash device?  I have an 8GB "flash" drive that is
really a small hard disk that plugs into and is powered by a USB port.
The device is 3cmx3cmx0.5cm, silent, fast and wears out like a hard disk
not flash memory.  It doesn't stick out (and so get knocked off) because
the USB connecter is hinged.  Something like this might be better for
your (though more expensive).

On the other hand, flash devices able to accommodate the needs of
Asterisk cost almost nothing.  Why not use two devices one that is
updated in real-time and that is backed up periodically (say overnight).
If one begins to fail then you can switch over the periodic back up and
used a new device for backup.

Bill