[asterisk-users] TE405P intermittent yellow alarm

Richard van der Hoff richardv at mxtelecom.com
Wed Sep 12 05:42:33 CDT 2007

Folks,

I really hope you can help me here - I'm beginning to tear my hair out!

About 10 days ago my company moved to a new office. As a result of this,
we've plugged our PBX box, which has happily been running for the last
three years, into our new E1 line. Since then, I've been seeing
intermittent yellow alarms. Obviously, since this was working fine in
the old office, the thing to suspect is the new line - but the telco
(British Telecom) aren't really helping much.

The box is a 2.4GHz Intel box, with a TE405P installed in it (we're only
using one of the spans). I'm using the zaptel drivers version 1.4.4
(I've also tried 1.0.2 with similar results). zaptel.conf has:

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16

Essentially it runs fine for a few hours; then zttool reports yellow
alarm and calls can be made neither in nor out. After a while this
clears itself again and all is well for another few hours.

At this point, I'd really like to know what a yellow alarm actually
means. I've read that it indicates that that the other end of the E1 is
in an alarm condition: however BT's terminating unit seems quite happy
with no alarm conditions at all.

So, really hoping that someone can shed some light on what this might
all mean.

Cheers,

Richard

--