[asterisk-users] Generating an old-fashioned dialtone

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Wed Sep 12 04:13:03 CDT 2007

Quoting Clayton Milos <clay at milos.za.net>:
>> Is there a way to generate an old-fashioned dial tone with Asterisk?
>>
>> I'm thinking of one that sounds like:
>>
>> http://www.seg.co.uk/telecomm/dial tone.wav

> As far as I know dialtone with SIP can only be generated on the handsets.
> We're using Cisco 7960's with SIP firmware on them and they generate a
> dialtone.

As far as I know I didn't mention generating it as a dialtone on a SIP
phone, merely generating the tone.

I can probably put it on Zap phones easily enough if I wish, but I'd
need to know how to generate it first, and all I am after right now is
the sound.

--
Phil Reynolds
  o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95