[asterisk-users] Linux-HA and Asterisk

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Wed Sep 12 03:21:10 CDT 2007

Mike Clark wrote:

> Yes, the Asterisk boxes were on private addresses. The Polycoms are also
> behind a NAT. Yes, I tried using externip in sip.conf and this allowed
> registration, and calls to be placed, but no audio. Unfortunately,
> Polycom does not support STUN.

Your problem is not Linux-HA, it looks like that is fully functional.
Your problem is the same one many people come across. You can't put
Polycom phones behind NAT, it won't work.
If you have to have the phones behind NAT, which I advise against, use
Linksys which probably work better, and use a SIP aware NAT device.
Better still, put the phones on the same network as the Asterisk PBX and
say goodbye to your problems.

--
Chris Mason
Anguilla: (264) 497-5670 Fax: (264) 497-8463 Cell: 264-235-5670
Yahoo IM only: netconcepts_anguilla at yahoo.com

believed to be clean.