[asterisk-users] Linux-HA and Asterisk

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Sep 11 18:54:11 CDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 04:30:03PM -0400, Mike Clark wrote:
> Yes, the Asterisk boxes were on private addresses. The Polycoms are also
> behind a NAT. Yes, I tried using externip in sip.conf and this allowed
> registration, and calls to be placed, but no audio. Unfortunately,
> Polycom does not support STUN.

So you were trying to connect phones behind one NAT to a server behind
another NAT, without a VPN.

Sounds like the audio paths are trying to be set up from the server
end.  I'm not a SIP mechanic (yet :-), but yeah, that ain't gonna work.

Only one phone per location?  Routers got port triggering?

Cheers,
-- jra