[asterisk-users] New Project: AskoziaPBX

Michael Iedema michael at askozia.com
Mon Sep 10 03:04:31 CDT 2007

Greetings everyone,

I've been working on a (yet another) "all-in-one" Asterisk based
project. It is aimed at embedded / low power systems (but scales fine
on more capable hardware) and is based on Asterisk 1.4.x and FreeBSD
6.2. Because of this, I've mostly been hanging out on the asterisk-bsd
list as bugs rolled in and the system's features were improved. We're
currently at public beta 10 after releasing pb1 in June and, I hope,
ready to announce this to a bit larger audience.

This is not a live-cd but rather an image that must initially be
written to a disk, so a dedicated machine is needed. After that, the
entire system is upgradeable through the webGUI. Anyone familiar with
the m0n0wall project (http://m0n0.ch/wall) will feel right at home as
AskoziaPBX was forked from it.

Here are the quick facts from the website and a link to the page:

    * ~11 MB firmware image
    * PHP based GUI accessible via http(s)
    * based on Asterisk 1.4 and FreeBSD 6.2
    * designed for embedded / low resource systems
    * images available for the following platforms:
          * generic pc
          * pc engines wrap
          * soekris net48xx
          * VMware player
    * GUI currently configures:
          * SIP, IAX, ISDN and Analog phones and providers
          * Conferencing
          * Voicemail (forwarded as e-mail attachment)
          * Call Groups
          * Call Parking
          * ...as well as all system settings (ntp, GUI port, etc.)
    * all configuration stored in a single XML file
    * Multilingual audio-prompts:
          * Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese,
Russian, Spanish, Swedish
    * Multilingual voicemail notification e-mails:
          * Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish

site: http://askozia.com/pbx

Thanks goes out to everyone in asterisk-bsd and pbx-users for testing
/ reporting and quite a few people in IRC who helped troubleshoot bugs
as they popped up! (Also, please remember that this is still a beta.)

Regards,
-Michael I.