[asterisk-users] Show Callee name on Display

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Sep 7 18:52:14 CDT 2007

Shane wrote:
> I don't think that  Asterisk currently sends a
> remote-party-id to the called party.  That would
> proably have to be added to the sip channel.

> It *does* work with Broadworks, another SIP based
> phone system.

> On a phone registered to Broadworks:

> Your phone invites the Broadworks system, Broadworks
> replies with a 180 (ringing) which includes a
> remote-party-id: field populated with the destination
> you are calling.  That is what displays on the Polycom
> and Sipura 841 that I have tried.

> I had eneabled remote-party-id on a Cisco 7960, but
> something in the dialog caused the call to die.  I never
> investigated further.

Like Lacy wrote earlier, there is a patch in Mantis:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8824

That provides this feature.  The author has a include
support in a number of channels.  I can confirm that
it works with chan_skinny.  My tests with chan_sip
have not meet with success, but that is likely due to
old Cisco firmware, or a configuration issue on my part.

Dan