[asterisk-users] Show Callee name on Display

Shane Young asterisk2 at shaneyoung.com
Fri Sep 7 18:08:29 CDT 2007

I don't think that  Asterisk currently sends a remote-party-id to the
called party.  That would proably have to be added to the sip channel.

It *does* work with Broadworks, another SIP based phone system.

On a phone registered to Broadworks:

Your phone invites the Broadworks system, Broadworks replies with a
180 (ringing) which includes a remote-party-id: field populated with
the destination you are calling.  That is what displays on the Polycom
and Sipura 841 that I have tried.

I had eneabled remote-party-id on a Cisco 7960, but something in the
dialog caused the call to die.  I never investigated further.

--Shane

Quoting "Eric \ManxPower\ Wieling" <eric at fnords.org>:

> Have you ever actually done this with Asterisk?
>
> Shane Young wrote:
>> It would be possible if Asterisk sent a remote-party-id back to the
>> calling phone.
>>
>> Polycom and Sipura phones (possibly Cisco phones) Support this with
>> SIP on Broadworks and it works great.
>>
>> --Shane
>>
>> Quoting "Eric \ManxPower\ Wieling" <eric at fnords.org>:
>>
>>> It is not possible to do this the way you want.  Most phones will
>>> display the called name if that name/number is in the phone's directory.
--Shane