[asterisk-users] Different Networks

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 15:06:26 CDT 2007

On 9/6/07, Mike Hammett <asterisk-users at ics-il.net> wrote:

> I have multiple upstreams in my office.  The primary upstream is having some
> issues with latency\jitter.  I want to move the VoIP traffic to another
> interface.
>
> I have the router set to send all traffic destined for "local" networks out
> the respective interfaces.  Traffic destined to the Internet goes out one of
> the upstreams.
>
> I can do this on a per-IP basis and have successfully done so in testing on
> my laptop and a couple other machines.  I also have it in production for an
> ATA.
>
> I also switch all devices to use another upstream with the failure of the
> primary ISP.
>
> Again, this works with everything but the Asterisk server.
>
> The internal Asterisk server cannot connect to the Asterisk server out on
> the public Internet.  How do I investigate this?

Mike - there's no reason this routing problem would have anything to
do with asterisk itself.    Have you tried running links (or another
text web browser) on the asterisk server to see if you're able to get
traffic past the gateway?  Do you have the default gateway and/or
routing tables configured correctly on the asterisk server?