[asterisk-users] Different Networks

Mike Hammett asterisk-users at ics-il.net
Fri Sep 7 14:37:03 CDT 2007

*bump*

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Hammett
  To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
  Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 10:05 AM
  Subject: [asterisk-users] Different Networks

  I have multiple upstreams in my office.  The primary upstream is having some issues with latency\jitter.  I want to move the VoIP traffic to another interface.

  I have the router set to send all traffic destined for "local" networks out the respective interfaces.  Traffic destined to the Internet goes out one of the upstreams.

  I can do this on a per-IP basis and have successfully done so in testing on my laptop and a couple other machines.  I also have it in production for an ATA.

  I also switch all devices to use another upstream with the failure of the primary ISP.

  Again, this works with everything but the Asterisk server.

  The internal Asterisk server cannot connect to the Asterisk server out on the public Internet.  How do I investigate this?

  Here is the definition on the internal server:

  [rwestics]
  type=friend
  ;host=208.100.1.33 ;miho.ics-il.net
  host=dynamic
  ;username=rwestics
  secret=***********************************************
  context=rwest
  disallow=all
  allow=ulaw

  Here is the definition on the public Internet server:

  [rwestics]
  type=friend
  host=dynamic
  ;username=ics