[asterisk-users] Cascading queues & calls not joining unavailable queues.

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Fri Sep 7 10:14:07 CDT 2007

Mark Michelson wrote:
> Sander Smeenk wrote:
>
>> Quoting Mark Michelson (mmichelson at digium.com):

>>> Have you added additional queue members besides the ones you specified
>>> in queues.conf?
>>>

>> Yes. There's a number of dynamic members that logged in to the group by
>> means of dialing extension '*511' which will call AddQueueMember()
>> through the dialplan.
>>
>> But those members were all set to DND or were otherwise engaged at the
>> time i got the logging information i sent in my original post.
>>
>> I tried again with a new queue, same config, but *only* the two members
>> specified as member => and i got this:
>>
>> -- Called SCCP/231
>> -- Called SCCP/220
>> -- SCCP/220-0000009b is busy
>> -- SCCP/231-0000009a is busy
>> -- Called SCCP/231
>> -- Called SCCP/220
>> -- SCCP/220-0000009d is busy
>> -- SCCP/231-0000009c is busy
>> -- Stopped music on hold on SIP/10.50.0.2-082155b8
>> -- Playing 'queue-youarenext' (language 'nl')
>> -- Told SIP/10.50.0.2-082155b8 in test1 their queue position (which was 1)
>> -- Playing 'queue-thankyou' (language 'nl')
>> -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on SIP/10.50.0.2-082155b8
>> -- Called SCCP/231
>> -- Called SCCP/220
>> -- SCCP/220-0000009f is busy
>> -- SCCP/231-0000009e is busy
>>
>> I'd like asterisk to quit trying when all agents are busy, but i don't
>> think it's possible without scripting it yourself with some AGI-script
>> that checks 'show queues' output.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

> It sounds as though skinny devices may not be reporting their device
> state correctly, and so the queue believes that the devices are
> available. Or perhaps they are reporting a state that the queue does not
> know about. If this is the case, we may be dealing with a bug. I will
> test locally when I can get access to a Skinny phone and see what's
> going on.
>
> Then again, there may be a necessary setting in skinny.conf in order for
> the device state to be correct. I know that with SIP, you have to set a
> call-limit in order for the device state to be changed correctly.
> Unfortunately, I haven't done any work with skinny devices, so I don't
> know this information.
>

>> -Sndr.

After talking in #asterisk-dev with those who wrote the joinempty
option, it appears I was mistaken about its use. joinempty=strict will
only not allow a caller to join the queue if the members are in a
"permanently" unavailable state. A member being busy is not enough to
trigger the joinempty=strict option. Since DND on most phones works the
same way as a phone being busy, DND will not trigger the
joinempty=strict option either.

For the behavior you want, I would suggest replacing the first call to
Queue() with a call (or calls) to Dial() which ring all the phones you want.