[asterisk-users] Cascading queues & calls not joining unavailable queues.

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Fri Sep 7 08:59:02 CDT 2007

Sander Smeenk wrote:
> Quoting Mark Michelson (mmichelson at digium.com):

>> Have you added additional queue members besides the ones you specified
>> in queues.conf?
>>

> Yes. There's a number of dynamic members that logged in to the group by
> means of dialing extension '*511' which will call AddQueueMember()
> through the dialplan.
>
> But those members were all set to DND or were otherwise engaged at the
> time i got the logging information i sent in my original post.
>
> I tried again with a new queue, same config, but *only* the two members
> specified as member => and i got this:
>
> -- Called SCCP/231
> -- Called SCCP/220
> -- SCCP/220-0000009b is busy
> -- SCCP/231-0000009a is busy
> -- Called SCCP/231
> -- Called SCCP/220
> -- SCCP/220-0000009d is busy
> -- SCCP/231-0000009c is busy
> -- Stopped music on hold on SIP/10.50.0.2-082155b8
> -- Playing 'queue-youarenext' (language 'nl')
> -- Told SIP/10.50.0.2-082155b8 in test1 their queue position (which was 1)
> -- Playing 'queue-thankyou' (language 'nl')
> -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on SIP/10.50.0.2-082155b8
> -- Called SCCP/231
> -- Called SCCP/220
> -- SCCP/220-0000009f is busy
> -- SCCP/231-0000009e is busy
>
> I'd like asterisk to quit trying when all agents are busy, but i don't
> think it's possible without scripting it yourself with some AGI-script
> that checks 'show queues' output.
>
> Any ideas?

It sounds as though skinny devices may not be reporting their device
state correctly, and so the queue believes that the devices are
available. Or perhaps they are reporting a state that the queue does not
know about. If this is the case, we may be dealing with a bug. I will
test locally when I can get access to a Skinny phone and see what's
going on.

Then again, there may be a necessary setting in skinny.conf in order for
the device state to be correct. I know that with SIP, you have to set a
call-limit in order for the device state to be changed correctly.
Unfortunately, I haven't done any work with skinny devices, so I don't
know this information.