[asterisk-users] No Dial tone came from fxs modules

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Sep 6 12:05:14 CDT 2007

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC wrote:
> Just to be clear, I thought that dialtone provision didn't require the
> power cable, just generating ring voltages?  Can anyone say?

The DC-DC converter on the FXS modules supplies both ringing voltage and
line voltage. If the power connector is not plugged into the TDM card
then the FXS module can't generate line current and the call will not be
held up.  (From Mickey Morris, hardware design engineer here at Digium)

Matthew Fredrickson

> Moj
>
> Anthony Messina wrote:
>> On Wednesday 05 September 2007 09:09:25 am wassim darwish wrote:
>>
>>> Hi:
>>> I have asterisk-1.4.0 with zaptel 1.4.0 and TDM40P on my server ,when i
>>> made modprobe wctdm the fxs modules is lightened but there is no dial tone
>>> came from it . Can i get some help please.
>>>
>> do you have the power cable attached to it.  that's what you need to generate
>> a dialtone.

Matthew Fredrickson
Software/Firmware Engineer
Digium, Inc.