[asterisk-users] No Dial tone came from fxs modules

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Sep 5 09:27:48 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 14:09 +0000, wassim darwish wrote:
> I have asterisk-1.4.0 with zaptel 1.4.0 and TDM40P on my server ,when
> i made modprobe wctdm the fxs modules is lightened but there is no
> dial tone came from it .

Once you've loaded the wctdm kernel module, you should get battery on
the line but no dialtone.  The dialtone isn't put on the line until
Asterisk has been configured correctly (see zapata.conf) and restarted.
If you're having problems configuring zapata.conf, let us know and we
can try to walk you through it.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager