[asterisk-users] bridge on DIVA card and how to see it

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Thu Sep 6 08:56:47 CDT 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, lemmel lemmel wrote:
> Thanks for your quick answer :-).
>
> I am a rookie in all this telephony problem, so I'll try to be verbose.
>
> >This function does work well. But it works if your ISDN card/driver
> >supports
> >it only.
> I currently have a Diva Server 4BRI Rev 2, and it seems that there is DSP on
> it (voice detection, and so on), so it is correct ?!

Yes. This card supports it.

> >There are three possibilities to see if it really is working:
> >1) when you type 'capi show channels', you should see a 'G' (for bridGed)
> >in
> >    the isdnstate column.
> I just perform this check, and I didn't see the G.
>
> I have two S0 connected to a PBX (Siemens) and on the other side I have my
> Diva card.
>
> This is my capi.conf :
> [contr1]
> isdnmode=did
> incomingmsn=*
> controller=1
> group=1
> relaxdtmf=on
> faxdetect=off
> accountcode=
> context=toto
> echocancelold=yes
> devices=4
> bridge=yes

This is not quite correct. Your card actually has 4 controllers, so you
need to create 4 sections (contr1, contr2, ...) with devices=2 each.
!Oh, you use M-Adapter. Then your 4 channels should be working!

Also, to make use of the DSPs, don't set softdtmf/relaxdtmf. And
since you are using a newer driver, use echocancel=yes and leave
echocancelold=off, otherwise your echo-canceler will not work.

> and I putted the 2 adapters to one M-Adapter.
> When I dialed 122 (on the first real adapter), I heard a voice asking for
> number to dialed, and I give the 103. When the call is established, I had :
> Line-Name       NTmode state i/o bproto isdnstate   ton  number
> contr1#04        no    Conn   I  trans  *BS         0x00 '107'->'122'
> contr1#03        no    Conn   O  trans  *BPS        0x00 'b'->'103'
> contr1#02        no    Disc   -  trans              0x00 ''->''
> contr1#01        no    -----  -  trans              0x00 ''->''
>
> When I made a blind transfert to the 104, I had :
> Line-Name       NTmode state i/o bproto isdnstate   ton  number
> contr1#04        no    Disc   -  trans              0x00 ''->''
> contr1#03        no    Conn   O  trans  *BPS        0x00 'b'->'103'
> contr1#02        no    Conn   O  trans  *BPS        0x00 'b'->'104'
> contr1#01        no    -----  -  trans              0x00 ''->''

Okay, both should be bridged. So somehow it is not activated.

So please provide a log with
  set verbose 5
  capi debug

> >Also, if you have allow= set in your capi.conf (use of RTP with DIVA), the
> >Line-Interconnect may not be activated (if so, please contact me).
> I didn't see this parameter in my capi.conf and in the capi.conf example, is
> it some specific DIVA parameter ? Where can I found those parameter, in Diva
> doc ?

It is a capi.conf (chan-capi) parameter and is part of the example provided
by chan-capi package.
So far the DIVA Server cards are the only cards which can do RTP.
But it is okay to leave it off.

Armin