[asterisk-users] ztcfg error : TE110p error with " CAS signalling on span 1 conflicts with HDLC with ...

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Sep 5 12:10:54 CDT 2007

Vidura Senadeera wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm integrating avaya commuication manager difinity ver 1.0 with asterisk
> using B2B E1. following are the details of my H/W, zaptel configs and
> software installed.
>
> Digium TE110p
> asterisk 1.2.19
> cent OS 4.4
> zaptel 1.2.18
> libpri 1.2.4
>
> etc/zaptel.conf
> span=1,0,0,cas,hdb3
> bchan=1-15,17-31
> dchan=16
>
> when i ztcfg -vvv im having this error message and the E1 is not getting up.
>
> "cas signalling on span1 conflicts with HDLC with FCS on channel 16"

It's fairly self explanatory.  CAS stands for Channel Associated
Signalling.  That means signalling is passed on the same channel that
the media is, like in robbed bit signalling protocols like FXO, FXS,
E&M, etc.

Since you are using a PRI which does not contain inband signalling, but
rather out of band signalling, you need to set it to `ccs` instead of
`cas` (in your span= line) which stands for Common Channel Signalling.
This is for signalling modes such as PRI or SS7 which use a dedicated
channel to do call related signalling.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Software/Firmware Engineer