[asterisk-users] Overhead paging over IP

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Wed Sep 5 08:36:42 CDT 2007

The phones you are using might support it already (and not even need
the system)

the grandstreams I have do, but I can't speak for any others.

Quoting JR Richardson <jmr.richardson at gmail.com>:

>>       I have a customer that has two buildings that are connected with a
>> fiber link.  We have a single Asterisk server to cover both buildings.
>> Now the customer went and bought an overhead paging system for the
>> remote building and they want to integrate it with Asterisk.  Is there a
>> device that can connect over IP or an ATA that has an audio output port?
>> The buildings are about 500 meters apart so we cannot run a cable from
>> one building to the other just for audio.
>>
> At one customer site I use a linksys ATA setup with auto answer,
> connect the tip and ring of the FXS port to the audio input of the
> overhead paging system, works fine.  Also at another customer site,
> the paging guys installed a audio input device that activates when
> ring voltage hits the line, http://www.valcom.com/v-9970.htm .
> Installed an ATA, nothing special, call that extension and device
> brings the ATA off-hook then bam, your passing audio to the paging
> system.  You can pick these up for ~$200.
>
> JR
> --
> JR Richardson
> Engineering for the Masses

Jon Pounder

    _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com