[asterisk-users] CID debugging help needed

Jeff Bachtel jeff at cepheid.org
Tue Sep 4 22:04:22 CDT 2007

I have a TDM800P with 5 POTS lines hooked into my university's PBX.
CID information is being picked up properly from phones inside the
PBX, but not from phones outside. I've tried mucking with rxgain with
no result, likewise cidstart and cidsignalling.

The CID number shows up properly if a telephone with a CID display is
plugged into one of the POTS line, whether the call is from inside the
university's PBX or outside.

I'm suspecting some sort of timing difference between CID information
sent for calls inside the PBX, versus calls originating outside. Could
anyone shoot me some links with detailed pointers on debugging such a
situation? I've explored the wiki, but did not find the incarnation
needed to see exactly what chan_zap is doing.

Thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Bachtel  (root at VPR,TAMU)     http://www.cepheid.org/~jeff