[asterisk-users] stop log/debug messages into /var/log/messages

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Sep 4 09:17:00 CDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 12:17:02PM +0530, Benjamin Jacob wrote:
> Hello good ppl,
> Any way of stopping asterisk writing into syslogs or any other file, if
> I set verbose 6 on the console?
> All I want is the verbose output only on the console, nowhere else.
>
> My logger.conf says :
> console=> notice,error
> ;messages => notice,warning,error

A ';' means that this is a comment. That line is ignored.

The sample logger.conf is well-commented:
http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.4/configs/logger.conf.sample

After editing it, run:

  logger reload

from the asterisk CLI

To see the current configuration:

  logger show channels

The "full" line in the sample file (once you remove the comment) is
probably what you want. Naturally you can call it in any name you want.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com