[asterisk-users] Manager Originate without phone off hook?

Russell Brown russell at lls.lls.com
Tue Sep 4 02:24:51 CDT 2007

Quoth "Moises Silva"...

>May be I am missing something, but, manager command DBPut should do
>the trick of putting the DB value. And, since you are already using
>the manager interface, you are using PHP or PERL to connect to the
>Database, why not wait for the DBPut command response and from the
>script execute wget??

Yes I'm using DBPut but the GUI (in tcl/tk FWIW) is running on a
different network to the phones so the http request has to come from the
Asterisk box and not the one running the GUI.

I guess I'm going to have to write an API and call that with Originate
but I just wondered if anyone had a better (read easier!) suggestion.

--
 Regards,
     Russell