[asterisk-users] Large voicemail

joakimsen at gmail.com joakimsen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 14:06:23 CDT 2007

Probably the best option is store the messages in IMAP and the
userdate in a database.

Honestly I dont think there is an issue with any number of mailboxes
the issue is going to be how many calls at once your system can handle
or how well your architecture scales to handle multiple machines. Can
your storage handle 5,000 mails being recorded at once? Just trying to
sort out the thousand different aspects of it all in my mind right now
I say you give it a try but expect to write your own voicemail fron
the ground up and not necessarily based on Asterisk. Then again, I
could be wrong.