[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.13 -- issue with parked calls

Barry D. Hassler barry.hassler at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 09:48:08 CDT 2007

I've tried to find other threads with this same topic, but haven't found
any... Apologies if this already being discussed....

Running asterisk 1.4.13 (upgraded from 1.4.9) and zaptel 1.4.4.

Having an issue with (I think) parked calls. We tend to park calls, but
we're often not able to pick them back up, or the other party says they get
dropped, etc. There doesn't seem to be a specific pattern that I've
discovered so far. I had this happen to me personally this morning --
receptionist parked a call for me on extension 7001, but when I dialed 7001,
just got dead air. I could see in asterisk that the call was indeed parked
though, and after calling the person back, he reported he was just hearing
the lovely on-hold music.

Is there a known issue (and even better, a fix) for this situation? Any
other information I can provide I'll do so!

--
Barry D. Hassler
President, HCST

http://www.hcst.net/