[asterisk-users] PRI over T1 calls dropping, cause 100

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Wed Oct 31 08:03:38 CDT 2007

The T1 was setup as tie line, not a trunk.   The Bell guy tried setting up
the line 2 ways:

1.  As a trunk.  This did not work because:
  a)  When he typed in the access code for the trunk on a phone set (and
then any numbers), the call never appeared on the Asterisk side.
  b)  The Bell guy said that unless Asterisk was generating a dialtone, a
trunk would not work.
  (I struggled to understand these explanations...but figured I must be
missing something)
2.  As a tie line.  This sort of worked because
  a)  When he typed the access code for the tie line on a phone set, he got
a second dial tone.
  b)  When he dialed any digits thereafter, the call was handed across the
T1 and I saw it on the asterisk side.

Can you give me any specifics (or a link) on how the Meridian side should be
configured?

Thanks,
MD