[asterisk-users] PRI over T1 calls dropping, cause 100

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Tue Oct 30 20:34:34 CDT 2007

I have a T1 link from asterisk 1.2.23 (also tried with 1.4.13) to a Meridian
Option 61C.  Calls either way drop with error "Channel 0/23, span 1 got
hangup, cause 100".   Can anyone offer insight into the cause and
solution/workaround?  (I tried upgrading to Ast 1.4.13, and upgrading
matching zaptel & libpri, put the problem is identical).

For testing, I tried a call from the Meridian to an extension which just
plays the monkey sounds.  The call sets up, but I never hear monkeys (just a
busy tone) as the call disconnects immediately.

I have three attachments below:
1. The CLI output showing a dropped call (inbound from Meridian1)
2. A PRI DEBUG of the same call, showing "!! Invalid Protocol Profile field
0x11" in the trace.
3. A PRI INTENSE DEBUG SPAN 1 of the same call.  (I tried upgrading to Ast
1.4.13 prior to this call trace - same result)