[asterisk-users] Fax Problems with SpanDSP

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 14:57:52 CDT 2007

Steve Davies wrote:
> On 10/30/07, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
>> This was fixed a few weeks ago. There was an error in the FAX decoder,
>> but only a very few encoders create images that hit the issue. If you
>> try 0.0.4pre11 you will find it fixes several other quirky compatibility
>> issues. I have cleaned up several long standing issues, particularly
>> with Canon machines, in the last few weeks.
>>
> Many thanks.
>
> I have been playing with pre11 today, and the results are certainly
> looking good.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

My aplogies for hijacking your thread but have I read this correctly?
Can I use SpanDSP and Asterisk to handle incoming (and possibly
outgoing) faxing?

Is there a howto or some notes somewhere?

I have seen the SpanDSP code used in the fantastic OSLEC echo canceller
but have not seen it referenced anywhere else?

Cheers

Alan

--
The way out is open!