[asterisk-users] ZT_SPANCONFIG failed on span 1: Invalid argument (22)

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Tue Oct 30 07:02:40 CDT 2007

    Tzafrir> Take a look at /proc/zaptel/1

It's empty.

    Tzafrir> Any chance that this is ztdummy ?

It is.

    Tzafrir> You don't need a span line (or running ztcfg at all) for
    Tzafrir> ztdummy.

Ah! Doh. That isn't in any documentation I've seen. Thanx.

    Tzafrir> And if you have zaptel hardware (that config imples BRI)
    Tzafrir> you don't really need ztdummy.

At home I run * without any hardware (at the moment - might change,
but I doubt it) in a XEN host for simplicity.

At work, I run one * in XEN which do all the routing and on the native
host, I run a extreamly simple setup which basically only talk to the
PRI card.

Unfortunatly, * complains about timing even though ztdummy is loaded:

[2007-10-30 12:00:01] WARNING[2046]: chan_iax2.c:8994 build_peer: Unable to support trunking on peer 'alexander' without zaptel timing
[2007-10-30 12:00:01] WARNING[2046]: chan_iax2.c:9254 build_user: Unable to support trunking on user 'alexander' without zaptel timing

This with 'trunk=yes' in the peer and user setup for 'alexander'.