[asterisk-users] Registration of Snom 320phonewithAsterisk 1.4.13

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Oct 29 18:06:42 CDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 10:19:49AM +0000, Steve Davies wrote:

> snom phones have been using ports in the 2000+ range since the dawn of
> asterisk without any problems, so I suspect that this will be an
> Asterisk configuration error, or a change to the asterisk SIP stack
> that is causing problems.

I suspect the latter. As it turns out, setting nat=yes in the sip.conf entry
causes Asterisk to use the correct port.

The phone is not behind a NAT, so nat=no should work, but it doesn't.

This is a very supportive group; thanks for the prompt assistance.

> Can you also check that the snom has a suitably recent firmware
> version. It may be a bug in something the phone is sending.

Yes, it's a recent version loaded onto a new phone.