[asterisk-users] Stuck Voicemails?

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Mon Oct 29 14:23:58 CDT 2007

Matt wrote:
> This question is about 1.2.x asterisk.  Please no flames, or "you
> should upgrade to 1.4".
>
> Does anyone know what might be the cause for 'stuck voicemail's in
> 1.2.6 asterisk?  By stuck, I mean the phones show a voicemail, and if
> you log in you get "you have 1 new voicemail", and if you delete it it
> says 'deleted', however it remains.   Going into the mail directory
> reveals that there is either a msg0001.txt.tmp or a msg0001.txt file,
> but no associated wav file.
>
> It happens very randomly, not often, and so far has eluded me being
> able to figure out what causes it.
>
> Why does this happen?
I don't know why it happens but we have run a very early 1.2 svn before
jumping to 1.2.17 (fixed several issues) and incrementally through to
1.2.24 and we have not seen this issue.

Any related errors in asterisk logs or system logs?
Has fsck been run recently on the relevant filesystem?
Is your mail stored on a local filesystem?
Would upgrading to 1.2.24 be an acceptable upgrade?

regards,

Drew

--
Drew Gibson