[asterisk-users] issues with downloads.digium.com

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Oct 29 08:16:01 CDT 2007

In article <20071029102317.GC6765 at xorcom.com>,
Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

> Sorry to use this public place, but IRC and emails to webmaster at digium
> have not helped in the past.
>
> I have several issues with using the files server downloads.digium.com,
> which has replaced the simple ftp/http file server ftp.digium.com.
>
> In downloads.d.c the directory listing is served through a seperate
> per-directory script with an obscure name.
>
> Let's look at http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/
>
> I get a list of items. I have to guess which of them is a file and which
> is a directory. There is no proper date of change.
>
> Furthermore, I cannot follow links directly. Links are redirections.
>
> For instance, the link marked with "aadk" points to:
>
>   http://www.digium.com/elqNow/elqRedir.htm?ref=http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/aadk
>
> $ HEAD
> 'http://www.digium.com/elqNow/elqRedir.htm?ref=http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/aadk'
> 200 OK
> Connection: close
> Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:05:54 GMT
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
> ETag: "26cb96-963-433e597412940"
> Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/5.2.0-8+etch7 mod_ssl/2.2.3
> OpenSSL/0.9.8c
> Last-Modified: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:18:05 GMT
> Client-Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:05:49 GMT
> Client-Peer: 216.207.245.16:80
> Client-Response-Num: 1
>
> As you can see, that script doesn't really redirect. It does not point
> me to the new file name. If I use a web browser, I still get the
> illusion of a directory tree,

If you get the body too, you will see that it is actually an HTML page
with a lot of embedded JavaScript. It is the JavaScript that makes the
browser load the target page. It appears to be part of a package from
a company called Eloqua (www.eloqua.com).

> but this breaks any decent attempt of
> mirroring downloads.d.o . It also breaks downloads with wget.

I suspect that this is an intentional design decision in the Eloqua
package, and probably desired by some of Eloqua's customers.

Whether it is an appropriate package to be used by Digium to serve
open-source content is another matter altogether....

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield