[asterisk-users] issues with downloads.digium.com

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Mon Oct 29 08:02:14 CDT 2007

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry to use this public place, but IRC and emails to webmaster at digium
> have not helped in the past.
>
> I have several issues with using the files server downloads.digium.com,
> which has replaced the simple ftp/http file server ftp.digium.com.
>
> In downloads.d.c the directory listing is served through a seperate
> per-directory script with an obscure name.
>
> Let's look at http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/
>
> I get a list of items. I have to guess which of them is a file and which
> is a directory. There is no proper date of change.
>
> Furthermore, I cannot follow links directly. Links are redirections.

<snip>

Not sure I completely understand what you mean by "I have to guess which
of them is a file and which is a directory." When I open any location in
downloads.digium.com in either firefox or konqueror I can see that
directories have a "/" after their name and also use a folder icon.

That aside, I don't care for the usage of the redirect scripts either. I
used to be able right-click and copy the URL and paste it into wget
(browse on one machine and download on another). You can still type the
"correct" URL into wget and perform the download, but that's sooo  many
more keystrokes. Lynx doesn't seem to work at all and with Links I have
to answer "Accept" to "Java script is attempting to to go URL" every
time I select a link. Drag and drop copying with Konquerer doesn't work
either.

-Dave