[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4: encryption support

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sun Oct 28 01:09:59 CDT 2007

Brian Capouch wrote:
> What's the status of SRTP?
>
> I remember seeing things floating around about it being under
> development, but various sotto voce conversations I've had around over
> the past few days would indicate that it hasn't gained much/any traction.
>
> I'd be glad to be disabused of that notion.

I don't think that code has been touched in quite some time.  There has been a
patch for it for a good while, but it has never merged since it wasn't much use
without TLS support for SIP.  There has been some good progress towards TCP and
TLS support for SIP in the past six months, and I'm hoping to get it finished up
by the end of the year.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer