[asterisk-users] Getting SIP Response Code from HANGUPCAUSE

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 08:25:43 CDT 2007

> > http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3398.html
>
> The conversion is "lossy". More than 1 SIP cause code is
> mapped to a Q.931 cause code (in Asterisk at least). See
> hangup_sip2cause() in chan_sip.c

True. The conversion is lossy in that respect and most of the times
semantically incorrect simply because of the fundamental differences between
SIP and ISUP. In fact, many new SIP response codes have been defined and
will be defined in the future since RFC 3398 was written
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/sip-parameters). And as far as I can tell a
revision of RFC 3398 is not in works in the IETF.

- Raj