[asterisk-users] Getting SIP Response Code from HANGUPCAUSE

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Fri Oct 26 10:36:55 CDT 2007

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:

>> On 10/25/07, Douglas Garstang <dougmig33 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> I'd like to grab the SIP response code that comes back from an INVITE. The
>>> HANGUPCAUSE gives the converted ISDN cause code. Anyone know of a way to get
>>> the SIP response code instead?
>
> There is an RFC for this.  I don't know if Asterisk follows the RFC or not.
>
> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3398.html

The conversion is "lossy". More than 1 SIP cause code is mapped
to a Q.931 cause code (in Asterisk at least). See
hangup_sip2cause() in chan_sip.c

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998