[asterisk-users] Polycom phones and corporate phone directory

Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 YEHAVI at VMS.HUJI.AC.IL
Sat Oct 27 02:00:00 CDT 2007

Hello,

  A few days ago I've posted two questions about Polycom phones: How to access
corporate phone directory from the phone and how to use a conference server
with it. After I got zero responses I tried openning a support call in
Polycom's site. Here are the replies I got from them:

- Corporate directory: They are thinking about it, probably will use LDAP. I was
  asked to open a "feature request" to which I got no response yet.

- conference server: I asked it because there is a a parameter to set an
  external conference server, and when I tried it only the initiator was
  transfered to the server; the other parties were left in hold state.
  Polycom replied that it is not supported and only the phone's internal
  conference feature should be used.

                               Regards, __Yehavi: