[asterisk-users] Voicemail Options

James FitzGibbon james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 11:10:54 CDT 2007

On 10/26/07, Peder @ NetworkOblivion <peder at networkoblivion.com> wrote:

> I know that you can set it up to where a user hits 0 from their mailbox
> and goes to an operator, but can you set up other options as well?
> Could I have 0 for an operator and 1 to go to another extension?  I know
> you can do this by building an AA, but I don't want to have to do that
> for every user as there are about 40 people that want this.  They won't
> all go to the same number.  Thanks.

You can also exit VoiceMail() using *, which jumps you to the 'a' extension
in the calling context.  As for building an IVR for 40 users, you could
store the destination in ASTdb or realtime keyed by original extension.
Then look up where to send them when they press * based upon the mailbox
that VoiceMail() was called against.

--
j.