[asterisk-users] Compatibility Issues with dell poweredge 1950 and TE110P card

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Wed Oct 24 05:26:13 CDT 2007

Joseph Begumisa wrote:

> Has anyone had any compatibility issues with a TE110P card installed
> on a Dell Poweredge 1950?  I noted the following error on the LCD
> display of the Dell Poweredge 1950:
>

> E1711 PCI PErr Slot 1 E171F PCIE Fatal Error B0 D4 F0.
>

> The Dell hardware owners manual states that it means the system BIOS
> has reported a PCI parity error on a component that resides in PCI
> configuration space at bus 0, device 4, function 0 and advises that
> the PCI expansion card be removed and reseated.
>

> Any suggestions on what exactly might be causing this are welcome.
>

> Thanks.
>

> Joseph

My guess would be that the Digium card is causing the issue although you
would probably be led to believe that the Dell is not compatible with
the card and not visa versa.

It would be interesting to see if a Sangoma board would have that same
issue.  I have not had any of these compatibility issues since going
Sangoma.

Is this an older card or one with the "New and Improved Bus" thing?

Have you called Digium?

Thanks,
Steve