[asterisk-users] Asterisk under VMWare

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Tue Oct 23 13:58:16 CDT 2007

Quoting WipeOut <wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net>:

> Anyone had any experience with an Asterisk server as a VMWare virtual
> machine?

I was trying to run it under XEN and got into trouble so in all my
searches, the conclusion was that running it under VMWare didn't
work because of the faulty timer in VMWare...

My problem with XEN was due to the fact that I needed access to a
PRI card which I never managed to do (didn't try hard enough?).

But my Asterisk at home works just perfect under XEN. I don't need
hardware access there...

XEN solves the timing issue different from VMWare so...