[asterisk-users] Snom 360 lights not working on subscription

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Tue Oct 23 07:04:19 CDT 2007

>> In order to get subscriptions working and the Snom 360 lights turns
>> on, I have set everything just like all the pages in the net explain.
>>
>> So, I get subsciption working. I can list subscription on the
>> asterisk and if I use the SIP trace function built in at the SNOM nad
>> see NOTIFY messages and 200 OK responses. But I realized that content
>> length = 0 in all messsages and there isn't any XML content in those
>> Notify headers..

 > What we found is that even if you get the lights working, they go off
 > after a few days.

The BLF lights on the Snom 360s work for me (Asterisk 1.4, Snom 6.5.12
firmware), but I reboot them nightly.

I have noticed that the Snom BLFs can stop working if the network is
busy for a long period of time (i.e., longer than the re-registration
period), like during system-wide backups and yum-upgrades. To avoid this
problem, I have a cron job reboot the Snoms nightly after scheduled
backups/upgrades. I'm not sure if this is a network congestion issue or
a server CPU overload issue, or something else. Anyway, this arrangement
does seem to be pretty reliable.

To reboot a Snom:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+phone+snom#RebootingaSNOM360320.

Hope this helps.