[asterisk-users] Video Conference

John Millican jmillican at sentinelcommunications.com
Mon Oct 22 09:10:20 CDT 2007

<sniped and moved to below for readability>

On Monday October 22 2007 9:32 am, SIP wrote:
> Direct single line video conferencing via SIP is actually pretty
> straightforward and works rather well.
>
> Multipoint conferencing is where you get into a bit of a mess.  There
> are precious few products out there that claim multipoint SIP video
> conferencing capability, and we've had no luck so far with any of it
> being what one might consider straightforward.
>
> N.

Thanks for the responce.  Have you had any luck at all even with what one
might not consider straight forward?  I am trying to avoid paying the $1000+
per location needed to purchase something from say Polycom or Tandberg.  I
would even be willing to do something along the lines of a web app for video
and some how tie that together with the voice through Asterisk.  Just don't
want to look like one of the old dubbed over Japanese movies from when I was
a kid (lips move and then a couple seconds later you hear voice).
JohnM